How can students use Passports for login? Passports can be used as an alternate login method for students using Learning.com. Passports simplify the login process by allowing students to scan their Passport code in front of their webcam, eliminating the need to type in a username, password, and district name.
What are Passports?
The Passport is a printed document that contains an individualized quick response (QR) code that each student scans in front of the computer’s webcam to log in to Learning.com—no typing necessary!
How do students log in with Passports?
Step 1. Students navigate to login.learning.com and select the green ‘Passport Log In’ button:
Step 2. Students are prompted to hold their Passport up to their computer’s webcam.
Step 3. Using the webcam camera, students align their unique Passport code to fit the visual on their screen and sign in to their accounts. Let the learning commence!
Where do I print Passports for my class?
Passports can be printed from Teacher Center.
Navigate to your Learning.com class and select the "Students" tab
Select "Print" next to each student or select "Print Login Cards" under "Actions".
This will open Passports for each student enrolled in your class in a new browser tab that you can print:
Can I reprint Passports?
You can reprint Passports as many times as necessary.
Tip: Save your class Passports as a PDF on your computer so you can reprint the file as often as necessary without generating a new Passport code.
My Passports aren't scanning?
- Make sure that you've 'Allowed' Learning.com to use your webcam.
- Internet Explorer (IE): IE does not allow for webcam access. You will need to use Passports with another browser.
- There is a known issue when using Passports on an iPad with Google Chrome. While a resolution for this is being worked on, please use Passports with another browser when using an iPad.
- If you attempt to allow use of your webcam and you see that the settings are grayed out or disabled, this may mean that your IT department has restricted access to the settings. For an immediate solution, please have students log in with their typed usernames and passwords.
- Check that another application is not already using the webcam
- Ensure that the student is using the most recent version of their Passport