Prescribe Curriculum from Assessment Scores
The Learning.com platform allows teachers to prescribe curriculum based on student assessment scores. Curriculum can be prescribed to the whole class, groups, or individual students. The prescription feature is available on the following Learning.com assessments: Common Core Assessments, 21st Century Skills Assessment, TechLiteracy Assessment, TX TCEA 8th Grade Assessment, and WayFind Teacher Assessment.
Step 1: Retrieve Assessment Scores
- Go to the class Gradebook
- Look for the drop-down menu above the gradebook that says “You are viewing”
- Click the drop-down menu and select “Assessment Scores”
- Assessment scores will appear
Step 2: Prescribe Curriculum Items
- Click “Prescribe Curriculum” and select the assessment event to prescribe from
- Click “Get Prescription”
- Suggestions are for students that scored lower than the minimum threshold
- To change the threshold, enter a new number and press “Go”
- Recommendations are ranked by availability, cost, source, grade level, and rating
- Use the blue arrows to page through the recommendations
Step 3: Assign to Students
- The number of students who did not meet the minimum score is listed on the right
- Click the arrow icon to see students’ names
- Select students and choose to add to an existing group or create a new group
- Type a name for the group (default name is the standard) and Click Add
- Click the “Classes” button on the left-hand tool bar and navigate to the new group
- Click “Assign” to assign prescribed curriculum items
Assignments do not have to be separated by group. Curriculum items can be assigned to the whole class or to individual students.
- To assign curriculum items to the whole class, follow the instructions for Steps 1 and 2 above. After looking over the list of recommended lessons, click “Assign.” Selected curriculum items will be assigned to all students in the class.
- To assign curriculum items to an individual student, navigate to the “Classes” list. (If you have completed Steps 1 and 2, click “Classes” from your left-hand tool bar.) Click “Individual Students” (underneath the class name). Select the student you want to work with. Follow the instructions for Steps 1 and 2 above. Click “Assign” to assign prescribed curriculum items from the recommendations list to the individual student.