Setting up Schoology with Learning.com
Schoology integrates the Learning.com Platform with Schoology LMS. Importing Learning.com’s Thin Common Cartridge file allows Schoology teachers and students to seamlessly access Learning.com content. The steps below can be completed by an administrator for an entire district or by individual teachers in their classes.
Importing Thin Common Cartridge files
Bulk distribution of curriculum through Thin Common Cartridge is used to distribute content that has been arranged in a sequence. EasyTech Flex or Custom Curriculum sequences can be exported for use in Schoology.
Export a Common Cartridge file from Custom Curriculum
This step must be performed by a Learning.com Teacher account with the Author role in a district with Curriculum Publisher. Please see below for instructions that apply to EasyTech sequences.
- Log in to Learning.com
- Select the Custom Curriculum sequence in the Library tab
- Select Thin Common Cartridge 1.2 from the export menu and save the file that is generated
Export EasyTech Common Cartridge files from Learning.com
- Log in to Learning.com with your School or District Coordinator account
- Click on ‘Learning System Integrations’ from the left-hand menu
- Click on the ‘Export Curriculum…’ drop-down menu
- Select ‘EasyTech Flex Thin Common Cartridge v1.2’ to start your download
5. Save the file to the desired location
Find Your Key and Secret
- Select ‘Learning System Integrations’ from the left-hand menu on your Coordinator homepage
- Under ‘Integration Registration Credentials’ header, you’ll find your Key & Secret
Import Common Cartridge 1.2 file
- Select a ‘Resources’ group to import the Thin Common Cartridge file:
- Click ‘Import’ in the drop-down menu to the right of ‘My Resources’
- Select ‘Common Cartridge (IMSCC or ZIP),’ and then add a Collection Title:
- Browse your computer and select your saved Common Cartridge 1.2 file:
- Create a new course from your ‘Courses’ menu and add a Course Name, a Section Name, a Subject Area, and a Grading period:
Configure External Tools
To assign curriculum items, you will need to install these External Tools in this order:
- Adaptive Keyboarding
- To create the Learning.com External Tool, select ‘External Tool Providers’ on the course page under the ‘Course Options’ menu:
- Click ‘Add External Tool Provider’ on the next screen:
- Add the name ‘Learning.com’ and add your Key and Secret. Select ‘Domain’ for the ‘Match By’ option, and add ‘platform.learning.com’ as the domain:
- Add a second External Tool Provider named ‘Adaptive Keyboarding’ with the same Key and Secret. Select ‘URL’ for the ‘Match By’ option using https://docker.learning.com/contentdeliveryservice/api/launch/F5CAA8B3-E1DD-488A-8E72-1F17D75E907C
- Add a third External Tool named ‘Content’ with the same Key and Secret. Select ‘Domain’ for the ‘Match By’ option and add: docker.learning.com
Items can now be imported into your class from Resources. You can import individual items or entire sequences.
- Use the ‘Add Materials’ drop-down menu and select ‘Import from Resources’:
- Select the imported resource on the left, and then browse the EasyTech Flex folder on the right to find curriculum:
- After selecting items and clicking ‘Import,’ click on ‘Advanced Options’ to enable grading and use 100 for Max pts. After checking the box, select your grading Category:
Using the Grader App with Application Exercises
The Learning.com Grader can be added to your class to allow you to grade Application Exercises. You should then unpublish this item from your class so that it does not appear for students.
If you have assigned Application Exercises to your students, you can add the Grader App to your class from your imported Common Cartridge file:
To use the Grader, you can add it to your class and then un-publish it.
After your students have submitted Application Exercises, you can access the class and click on the Grader App. This will show the grading interface:
Creating a Single Sign On (SSO) link in Schoology for Learning.com
You can assign the Learning.com Platform external tool to your class to allow students to use Learning.com’s LMS by SSO. That item will launch the Learning.com Platform, taking the user out of Schoology.
To accomplish this, add this tool to the course.
Accessing the EasyCode Foundations Gradebook
Student progress in EasyCode Foundations can be viewed only in the Teacher Dashboard on the CodeMonkey platform.
All challenge activities will auto-score in CodeMonkey.
To navigate to your Teacher Dashboard in CodeMonkey, click on a lesson title on your assignment list and click the brown ‘EasyCode’ button:
This will allow you access to the student interface, as well as the gradebook information for your classes.
You can read more about the EasyCode gradebook here.
To grade the Application Exercise entries your students have submitted for these levels, click on the Learning.com Grader App.
Notes about EasyCode Pillars items in Schoology:
When students access EasyCode Pillars items in Schoology, clicking on the full-screen button may help show all of the contents of the assignment window.
Student progress in EasyCode Pillars can be viewed only in the Teacher Dashboard on the Codesters platform.
All activities will auto-score in Codesters except the final project, which must be manually graded. (Final project grades can be manually entered in the Learning.com gradebook if desired.)
To navigate to your Teacher Dashboard in Codesters, click on a lesson title in Schoology. This will take you to your Codesters Teacher Dashboard.
Learn more about the Codesters gradebook here.
Viewing Progress for Adaptive Keyboarding
To navigate to your Adaptive Keyboarding Teacher Dashboard, click on either ‘The Great Keyboarding Adventure’ or ‘Urban Keyboarding Explorer’ in your class assignment list.
You can read more about the Adaptive Keyboarding Dashboard here.
Using EasyTech Pre-tests
When using the Schoology LMS, EasyTech Pre-tests will provide a score to the gradebook, but they will not prescribe lessons.