Student scores can be imported into teacher classes and gradebooks if students have already completed curriculum items in other classes. If you will be seeing the same students each year, our team recommends creating a brand new class to ensure that student completion data is refreshed each year. This allows teachers the ability to import previous scores if needed, but also students the ability to take curriculum items again from a fresh start.
Student scores and previous completion data are tied to the Student ID of their account. If a Student ID has changed since the last time they completed an item, that score will no longer be available for import.
From the Teacher Center:
- Click on the Import Scores button from the Gradebook tab of the class:
- Select the date range for which you want to search scores:
- A pop-up will display with the scores for students that can be transferred. You will only see scores for items that you have assigned to the class or group this student is enrolled:
- Select which score(s) to import by checking the respective boxes
- Click ‘Import Grades’
- Within the Gradebook, the cell will indicate a grade has been imported:
Notes: If a grade is in the 'Grade This' status when imported, this will display as 'Turned In' in the Gradebook the item was imported to