This Learning.com Digital Citizenship App provides districts with an interactive way to teach and assess online safety on mobile devices and to support Bring Your Own Device initiatives. From the app, students complete online safety lessons, take a quiz on the material, and register their completion with the district.
Students Download the App
- Help students download the App at the iTunes or Google Play Stores
- Search for “DigitalCitizen”
Students Enter Access Code and Create Their Profile
- Your District or School Coordinator will give you the school access code
- All students at the school will enter the same access code into the App, create their profile or login as Guest
- We recommend students create their profile so they can use the App on multiple devices, and so school-provided devices can be shared
Students Complete Lessons and Quiz
- We recommend students view the lessons and then take the quiz
- Once each lesson is completed and the quiz is passed, each student logs their completion using their student profile
- If a student logged in as Guest when starting the App, they will be prompted to enter their student id and name after they complete all lessons and pass the quiz to register their completion
- Give students enough class time to finish at least one lesson or finish the quiz. If a student closes the App before finishing a lesson, the App will not save their score. Students can log in to multiple devices using their profile, and the App will save previously completed lessons and quiz scores.
- Students may be asked to retake the quiz if they do not pass. If they are having trouble passing the quiz, we recommend that they retake the lessons.